Saturday, July 22, 2017

Rosemary Lemon Pasta with Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Hello, everybody!! Mary Jane here. I really struggled with what to call this dish. Was it Rosemary Chicken and Bacon over Pasta? Was it Bacon and Chicken with Rosemary? Was it Rosemary Pasta with Bacon and Chicken and Lemon??


In the end, I just threw some words up there. You get the general idea, which is that it's DELICIOUS. This is one of my favorite summertime dishes and we bring it to cook outs regularly.

 So, it's not hard to make but it does have quite a few steps.

1. Cut a chicken breast into strips. Season (we used a lemon pepper sprinkle.)
2. Wrap with bacon
3. Cook on a foil covered baking sheet at 400F until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is done- about twenty minutes. (I like my bacon crispy.)
4. While the bacon and chicken are cooking, boil the pasta.
5.Take a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and heat in a small pan with a few tbs of butter. Don't let it brown too much, just a little. Let it warm in the butter util fragrant.
6. Remove the bacon from the oven and set on paper towels to drain.
7. Toss the pasta with the rosemary butter. Add a few sprinkles of lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I added about 1/4 tsp of pepper to ours because I like the lemon pepper combo.)

8. Place the bacon and chicken on the pasta. Add lemon slices and sprigs of rosemary. Enjoy!!

That's all for now! Be sure to pop over and pick up my Cane River set for .99 all through the weekend. (Thank you, Bookbub!) Almost 800 reviews with a 4.7 star average. Tell your friends they can get it here!

Until next time!

8 comments:

  1. I love family-friendly recipes that are easy... and even with the wrapping chicken, I'm all over this one! Thank you for sharing it, I love chicken and bacon together. Shoot, I like bacon and almost anything together!

    You've got the whole series out for .99????? Wowza! That's an amazing deal! I hope it goes blockbusters for you!!!! I'll share it on facebook right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I had a Bookbub ad for this set last January and sold 4500 books but didn't make the big lists. SAD. But I did make it to #43 overall on amazon and made lots of moolah. So, it's worth it. My first attempt was to make a list. This time is just for the money. I'm a simple girl like that.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and it's just the first five books, not the whole series. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...I can't come up with a vegetarian alternative to this so I'll just have to accept that this is a carnivore delight that might make me popular at a potluck but it ain't going to happen. Wrapping Wilbur around Minerva and cooking them??????? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrapping Wilbur around Minerva and cooking them???????

      Okay, that had me howling. Especially because I was just referring to Wilbur in a book I'm writing.

      But I'm thinking my husband - the chicken and bacon eating member of the family - would love this.

      Delete
    2. HAHAHHAA! I'm not a bacon person, but for some reason, everybody likes it. I guess I'm just a weirdo. Honestly, wrap anything in bacon and you're suddenly a culinary genius.

      And Cate, so funny about Wilbur! My last book had a heroine named Charlotte McGregor who had a neighborhood bunny who would NOT leave her garden alone. And yes, she was a children's librarian so I had to have the spider-or-rabbit comments.

      Delete
  3. Yum! I will definitely try this!

    I just bought your boxed set and shared on FB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It went to #47 on Amazon overall so it was a good day. :) I appreciate the share!

      Delete